Commuted Leave Rules
Authority: AP Leave Rules 15-B, 18-B
Admissibility: Permanent/ (Temporary Employees)*
Availment: On medical grounds (MC) only Temporary employees after two/one year of service.
Limitation: 240 days in entire service.
Effect: Twice the amount of HPL will be deducted.
Leave Salary: Double the half pay + all allowances in full Conversion of Commuted leave to HPL. When a Govt. servant intends to resign/retire After availing commuted leave, it should be converted into HPL and HPL salary should be recovered. An undertaking should be taken from employee whenever it is sanctioned (G.O.Ms.No.300, Fin., Dt.18.11.65)
1. To be granted on Medical Certificate.
2. Limited to 240 days during entire service.
3. Twice the amount of H.P.L. be deducted from the leave account.
4. E.L. + Commuted leave shall not exceed 180 days.
5. The limit of 180 days removed .
6. Sanctioning authority has to believe that the Government servant will return to duty on expiry of leave.
Note : When commuted leave is granted and when he intends to retire of resign subsequently, the commuted leave should be converted to half pay leave and the difference between the leave salary in respect of commuted leave and half pay leave should be recovered from him. An undertaking should, therefore, be taken from the Government servant whenever commuted leave is sanctioned to him. In call cases of resignation and voluntary retirement refund of excess leave salary should be enforced, while in cases where retirements is compulsorily thrust upon him by reasons of illhealth incapacitating him from further service, no refund should be enforced.